Hospital Infection Control
In this section, I have shared all the videos relevant to the new pattern. After each topic, there is a PPT from Dr. Apurba Sastry sir.
1. Major Healthcare-associated Infection Types
In this section, we will cover some major infections often seen in a hospital setting.
These are the topics to be covered here –
- Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI)
- Catheter-related Blood Stream Infection (CRBSI)
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI)
- Prevention of Device-associated Infections
- HAI Surveillance
2. Sterilization and Disinfection
This is one of the most asked topics in the exams from this section.
3. Biomedical Waste Management
I have shared three videos in this section. This section is really important as in healthcare, waste management is a big issue.
4. Needle Stick Injury
This is one of the most common emergencies you will encounter in a hospital. Needlestick injuries are no joke. You need to know the proper management.
5. Environmental Surveillance
This topic is also of utmost importance. For microbiology as well as public health.
In this, there are 3 sub-topics.
- Water Surveillance
- Air Surveillance
- Surface Surveillance